New book

  • Yvonne Morrissey
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2007
      Hello,

      I thought I would pass along the title of a book I found on the "new titles" shelf at
      the library:

      A Needle in the Right Hand of God: the Norman Conquest of 1066 and the Making and
      Meaning of the Bayeux Tapestry by R. Howard Bloch. Published by Random House in
      2006. ISBN 1-4000-6549-6.

      I thought it was interesting, because he discusses the political scene at the time,
      speculates on who, how, and why made, talks some about the supplies and method, and
      the preservation since it's making.
    • stephen spencer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2007
        Greetings,

        I am responding top the new book, in my years working towards degrees in
        history and English literature I have used many books by R. Howard Bloch.
        His writing is very informative and thoroughly researched. He is considered
        a leading scholar of medieval studies in both fields that I study in and for
        once my professors could not fault me a source. I look forwards to hunting
        down this new book and reading it with as much enjoyment as I have his other
        works.

        Margaret Anne of Somerset