Reminder - October Crown

  • WKneedle@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 29, 2001

      October Crown

      Date: Saturday, October 13, 2001
      Time: All Day

      The West Kingdom Needleworkers Guild will be holding, in my
      sunshade, Mentors Corner, a brief meeting, and a class -- Early
      Period Designs, Colors and Stitches with Mistress Cyneburh of
      Cantwaraburg. If you would like to try some of the stitches and
      combinations, a $2 donation is requested for the kit.
      Remember to bring items for evaluation under the Apprenticeship
      Program to the Pavilion early in the day and pick them up before
      evening court. Hope to see you there. -- Sabrina de la Bere,
      Guild Minister
    • WKneedle@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 6, 2001

        October Crown

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 21, 2002

          October Crown

          Date: Saturday, October 5, 2002
          Time: All Day

          October Crown will be held in Marysville. In addition to the
          regular
          Guild meeting (2:30 pm) and Mentor's Corner (after invocation
          until 2
          pm), the Guild will be holding a "Needleworkers Flea Market"
          (3-5 pm).

          Do you have things you don't want or use for embroidery any
          more?
          Bring them to the Guild Pavilion to "sell".

          Ever wondered about a book or needlework accessory and wanted to
          get
          one at a reasonable price? Come to the Guild Pavilion and see
          what
          your fellow needleworkers have available.

          There will be no charge for space, but remember space is limited
          in
          the pavilion. 1 card table size area per person please. Also
          remember the Guild is both in need of funds and will be holding
          Silent Auction at 12th Night so -- donations of funds or items
          will
          be appreciated.

          Just think, with the money you receive for your extra goodies,
          you
          can come bid on more goodies at the Silent Auction.

          Now let me see what I have extra ...scroll frames, slate frames,
          books, threads....See You There!
        • WKneedle@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 28, 2002

            October Crown

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 20, 2003

              October Crown

              Date: Saturday, October 4, 2003
              Time: All Day

              10-2 Mentors Corner
              2:30-3 Meetings
              3 pm Class
              Class name: Medieval Applique
              Teacher: Christian de Holacombe
              produce bold and
              bright colored decorations for tournaments, banners, clothing
              and
              accessories. Learn how to do medieval-style corded applique and
              explore some
              shortcuts that make smooth, crisp appliques easy.
              Materials to bring: Scissors and an embroidery hoop -- a large
              circle or
              8x10" rectangle is a good size for this project
              Class limit: None
              Fee: $5 for a West Kingdom "demi-sun" pouch kit

              Sunday�s 10am class:

              Class name: Middle Eastern Buttonhole Stitch Variations
              Teacher: Jaida al-Rakshanda
              basic stitch
              really is!
              Materials to bring: Thread, scissors, 6" hoop is optional
              Class limit: 6
              Fee: $2
            • WKneedle@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003

                October Crown

                Date: Saturday, October 4, 2003
                Time: All Day

                10-2 Mentors Corner
                2:30-3 Meeting - Topic Apprenticeship Program

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 9, 2004

                  October Crown

                  Date: Saturday, October 16, 2004
                  Time: All Day

                  GUILD ACTIVITIES:
                  Mentors Corner- come stitch with us from after Invocation until
                  2 pm
                  Guild Meeting 2:30 pm
                  Classes:
                  3 Raised Stitches, by Sabrina de la Bere - Saturday 3 pm. $5 for
                  the kit. Limit 10. Please bring small hoop, pencil and water
                  soluable marking pen.
                  Basic Canvaswork, by Iulitta of Rowan - Sunday 10 am. $5 for
                  kit. Limit 8

                  Please bring your own chair to the pavilion.
                • WKneedle@yahoogroups.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 13, 2004

                    October Crown