Question about technique

  • Lee Carter
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2006
      I am confused. I am playing around with the Kloster stitch. I
      have seen one technique which shows the thread going underneath the
      "satin stitch and then doing the "tack" stitch.
      Look at the first attachment Jane Stockton's documentation for a
      project. (see first page - picture of technique)
      Then in another website, Lady Racaire (SCA-Drachenwald) shows that
      the tacking thread is like --]---]---- The thread doesn't go under
      the thread that lies over the "satin stitch" threads. Goodness.. I
      wish I could draw what I am trying to say.

      For those who have done this type of laid work, what do you think
      regarding of method of "tacking" stitch.

      Confused
      In Service

      Gwenyth of Mousehold Heath