Re: [WKneedle] Help for Stitch technique

  • Debra Cobb
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 14, 2006
      Gwyneth,

      The Broderer's Guild of Lochac has done a wonderful article on Kloister stitch AKA the convent stitch in one of their issues of their newsletters. I do not remember which issue, but I can look tonight and give you that specific publication or you can go to their website and browse their newsletters. I think they have a quick index which may help locate the article quickeer.

      The website for their newsletters is:

      http://www.sca.org.au/broiderers/newsletters.htm

      Isela

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 14, 2006
        Gwyneth and Deb,

        Thanks for the reminder about the Lochac article that just saved me a whole
        lot of dime digging through my books to find the information.

        The article on Klosterstickerei is in issue #21 the July Midwinter
        Coronation 2005 issue which is on line in PDF format the article is
        contained on
        pages 5 and 6

        Catherine Lorraine

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 14, 2006
          The Malterer Hanging for color images go to Historical Needlework
          Sources

          http://medieval.webcon.net.au/extant_malterer_hanging.html

          Catherine Lorraine
          Guild Minister
        • Debra Cobb
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 14, 2006
            Thanks Catherine...much quicker answer than my having to dig through the
            issues I printed out at home.

            Isela