Help for Stitch technique

  • Lee Carter
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 11, 2006
      Greetings...

      I would like to learn to do the "kloister stitch". Does anyone have
      a handout or a how to do type diagram?

      an eager learner
      Gwenyth of Mousehold Heath
    • Debra Cobb
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 14, 2006
        Gwyneth,

        The Broderer's Guild of Lochac has done a wonderful article on Kloister stitch AKA the convent stitch in one of their issues of their newsletters. I do not remember which issue, but I can look tonight and give you that specific publication or you can go to their website and browse their newsletters. I think they have a quick index which may help locate the article quickeer.

        The website for their newsletters is:

        http://www.sca.org.au/broiderers/newsletters.htm

        Isela

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 14, 2006
          Gwyneth and Deb,

          Thanks for the reminder about the Lochac article that just saved me a whole
          lot of dime digging through my books to find the information.

          The article on Klosterstickerei is in issue #21 the July Midwinter
          Coronation 2005 issue which is on line in PDF format the article is
          contained on
          pages 5 and 6

          Catherine Lorraine

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 14, 2006
            The Malterer Hanging for color images go to Historical Needlework
            Sources

            http://medieval.webcon.net.au/extant_malterer_hanging.html

            Catherine Lorraine
            Guild Minister
          • Debra Cobb
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 14, 2006
              Thanks Catherine...much quicker answer than my having to dig through the
              issues I printed out at home.

              Isela