Saying Hello and Some questions about some of the photos!!

  • carressabran
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2006
      Greetings!

      My name is Lady Carres Sabran and I am fron Atenveldt. I just
      received the 2 most recent copies of your newsletter and I must say
      they are AWESOME! I would like to subscribe and keep getting them! I
      look forward to learning even more through of all you! I wish I could
      join your guild because I think it would be a good thing for me, but I
      am so far away and I can't make your meetings.

      As for me and my needlework, I am making a celtic knotwork circle
      border with an "S" on the inside of the circle. I am straight
      stitching and satin stitching the design. Once the needlwork is done,
      I will apply it to an alms pouch and make it my own! I have also hand
      woven pouches and put blackwork on them. In fact, I have 1 more pouch
      to blackwork and my woven pouches will be done for the year. To me,
      they look pretty good!

      Then I am also working on beading and needle crafting some appliques
      for a sideless surcoat. I am actually using the hemlock flower as my
      design. I like the flower and we are trying to get it passed on my
      device!

      Now for my questions

      I am wanting to start on a Byzantine outfit and I would like to find
      out the techniques used to create the 10th century methods for gem
      attachments and pearls. I saw a picture of gems attached to material
      in the photo section.

      Then I am hoping you can answer a questin for me--- how to attach
      beaded and needle crafted cuffs and collars to garments? I mean you
      are working with some edges there and you want to keep them neat.

      I am looking forward to talking to you and getting to know all of you
      through the list!

      Carres