re: pin cushion stuffing

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2006
      Some of the inventory accounts I have read mention sawdust or wool as
      stuffing. Wool felt and "cardboard" were used as padding for goldwork
      so this follows the same line of thought.

      Rosemary was used for pin cushions in Colonial and Victorian times. I
      don't know about earlier. I have a pin cushion that I bought at
      Plimoth Plantation a number of years ago. It keeps my workbox
      smelling nice and I tend to use it to take burs off of needles and
      pins. I keep my needles in a felt needlecase in the same workbox.
      Interestingly, there has been no rusting of those needles, something
      that I experience normally. Thus, antidotally I would say it works.