536RE: [WKneedle] Preparing pieces for Guild evaluation

  • Krista Barber
    Feb 3, 2004
      Joan,
      I've personally found that it really truly depends on the evaluator. They
      all like to see the embroidery to be done or nearly so, but whether or not
      it's made into a finished product really depends on who's looking at it. I
      turned in one piece that was completely done as a final product - one
      evaluator wished they could have seen the back of the work. I turned in
      another peice that was just the embroidery and not yet made into a final
      product - one evaluator wished they could have seen it in its final form!
      Sigh. I think a good midway point is to finish the embroidery and say what
      the final product will be (instead of just German counted thread satin
      stitch, say German counted thread satin stitch pouch), and if any of the
      evaluators express a desire to see the finished product, try and find them
      once you're done and show them.

      My two bezants,
      Aelia

      >From: Joan Hall <joan_the_harpist1119@...>
      >To: West Kingdom Needleworkers <wkneedle@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [WKneedle] Preparing pieces for Guild evaluation
      >Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 12:59:33 -0800 (PST)
      >
      >I have a question, and didn't see the answer at our site. Do the
      >evaluators prefer to have the piece totally finished, i.e. already made
      >into a pouch, framed, the embroidered garment lined, etc. or do they really
      >want to be able to see the back side of your work?
      >
      >Joan the Harper, Bard of Vinhold
      >

      >http://www.joan-the-harper.com

      Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software � optimizes dial-up to the max!