298Reminder - Fall Collegium
- Oct 12, 2002We would like to remind you of this upcoming event.
Date: Saturday, October 19, 2002
Time: All Day
1. 3 Basic Stitches Suitable for Clothing Embellishment
Cyneburh of Cantwaraburg. This is a beginners class to
students with 3 stitches that can be used on clothing. Very
for early period clothing and can be done with floss or wool
Bring hoop and scissors. Limit 8. Cost 3.
2. Brick Stitch Pouch with Caiterina nic Sheamus. Learn
stitch and how to work the Westphalian patterns as researched by
Master Richard of Wymarc. Kit is suitable for making into a
pouch. Technique is easy to learn. Bring hoop and scissors.
6. Cost $4
3. Single Thread Couching with Aldith Angard St. George.
class is a basic technique which is used in a number of
different types and periods of embroidery. While an easy
to learn it takes practice to master. This technique is also a
prerequisite to a Guild class in Or Nue to be given in Spring
Bring hoop and scissors. Limit 6 (Auditors okay). Cost $3.
4. Elizabethan Color and Shading with Francesca von Hesse.
Students will learn period color and aesthetic in Elizabethan
needlework, including shading principles. Slides and pictures
be used to illustrate commonly found patterns. Students will
sampler using simple stitches with silk threads. $2.00 fee,
and kit included. Students will need to bring hoop of their
choice and scissors. Limit 8 students.
5. Detached Buttonhole and Other Raised Stitches with
nighean Eanruig. This class is geared toward the intermediate
student who is interested in doing primarily raised work as seen
Elizabethan Embroidery. Bring hoop and scissors. Limit 8. Cost
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>