284[WKneedle] Mists Princess's Gift Chest - Calling all Artisans

    Sep 3, 2002
      Their Highnesses of the Mists are traveling the far corners of their
      Principality and are traveling to visit their Royal Relatives in
      other Principalities and Kingdoms. On these travels They wish to
      present gifts from the their hands of their populace. With their
      immediate travels pending a special collection box will be at this
      weekend's A&S - in the sunshade next to the Needleworkers Guild
      Pavilion. Thank-you in advance for your attention and assistance in
      spreading the word (including other lists).

      ----------------- FORMAL ANNOUNCEMENT----------------------
      If you have created **anything** in a period style that you are
      willing to have given away by Royalty and hence that will be
      appreciated by Royalty and other grateful recipients, please donate
      them to the Mists Royal Gift Chest.

      These items need not be large or complicated in nature. In fact,
      since they will travel far and wide, small is good. Nor do these
      items have to be of "Laurel" quality, but should be nicely done items
      which show off your skill. Some of the nicest items I have seen were
      done by beginning artisans who lovingly undertook to create a few
      items in the space of an afternoon or were done as a Page School

      Some items which would be appropriate are listed below, but this list
      should not be taken as exhaustive:
      hand made soap
      hand made candles or hand decorated candles
      napkins with a smallish medieval design embroidered on them
      small (4"x6") presentation bags and larger (12"x18") presentation bags
      covered notebooks
      pin cushions
      tools of various sorts - awl, needlecase, etc.
      small boxes
      hand made beads
      hand made cords
      badges (perhaps embroidered with an item relating to the Mists)
      decorated items of leather
      necklaces or bracelets of wire, beads, lace

      Please do not donate items of food or alcohol without talking with me
      first as there are certain issues to be considered including
      restrictions on items and spoilage.

      Please DO attach a label the item with your name and area, as Royalty
      like to know to whom they should be indebted and whose work they are

      Items may be brought to any Mists Principality event for donation or
      sent directly to me -- Sabrina de la Bere (Robin Berry) PO Box 1809,
      El Granada, CA 94018. A collection chest will be located at the
      Mists A&S pavilion at Mists Coronet. I look forward to seeing the
      wonderful work of the artisans of our region as we fill the coffers
      of the Mists.

      If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me

      In Service,

      Sabrina de la Bere, Baroness
      Principality of the Mists
      Kingdom of the West

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      options on the [WKneedle] list, go to
      and follow the directions. If you have problems doing this, please
      e-mail the Guild Deputy, Christian de Holacombe, at
      <claning@...>. The WK Needleworkers Guild Website is at