      From: Ken Mayer <ken@...>
      Subject: RE: [WKneedle] Hi, I am new to the group
      To: WKneedle@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 10:41 PM

      Oops - forgot to post to the group -

      AAStG

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Ken Mayer [mailto:ken@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 10:24 PM
      To: 'Rhiannon'

      Hi, Rhiannon -
      The napkins themselves were pre-made that way - we just added the roses.
      However, if you want to work napkins like that, the technique is Drawn
      Thread work. There are a number of books that show how this is done, but
      here's a link that shows the border done for the napkins--it's from the
      _Encylopedia of Needlework_ by Therese de Dillmont and is downloadable FREE
      from the Project Gutenberg site:
      (http://www.gutenberg.org/files/20776/20776-h/chapter_3.html#open_work_patte
      rns - see Figure 72, "double rowed single cluster open work".

      Hope this helps -

      Aldith