1487June Crown - Arts and Sciences Display and Classes

    May 17, 1939
      Greetings -- Come share your love for needlework and lace and learn
      that wonderful art of pulled thread embroidery.

      June Crown is but a few weeks away. The West Kingdom Needleworkers
      Guild and Arachne's Web will be hosting the Kingdom A&S pavilion as
      well as holding classes and meetings.

      The Display:
      We would like to display the work of our members and supporters as
      well as educate the general populace about the various forms that our
      Guild encompass. To that end, we would like examples of all categories
      of embroidery for the display. It does not matter if the piece is
      finished or whether it is a beginner piece or an advanced piece. If
      you are willing to bring your pieces to June Crown to display on
      Saturday, please let Sorcha Fhionn inghean ui/Ruairc <pjbarnes1@...
      > 916-515-9991 (before 9PM) know as soon as possible. We really
      would like to know in advance for planning purposes; if at all
      possible.

      The Class:
      Pulled Thread with Caiterina nic Sheamus. She will teach 5 forms of
      pulled thread in this sampler of pulled thread stitches class. We are
      pleased that she has agreed to reprize this fabulous class.
      Due to the variety of stitches, the class will be taught in 2 parts.
      Part 1 will be from 11 am - 12:30. Part 2 will be from 2 pm - 3:30.
      Kit Fee: $5
      Class Limit: 6 per session - you need not take both, unless you want
      all the instructions to complete the project.
      Bring 6-7" hoop, embroidery scissors, and note taking materials. Some
      hoops may be available from the teacher for loan or separate purchase.

      Meetings:
      West Kingdom Needleworkers Guild will meet at 1 pm
      Arachne's Web will meet at 3:30 pm -- note the later time to
      accommodate the class

      If you have any items for evaluation, please bring them to the Guild
      pavilion early in the day on Saturday. We will, as always, do our best
      to get things evaluated during the day so you may take things home at
      the end of the day.

      June Crown is at Duncan Mills and looks to be a wonderful event.

      Patron, Kingdom of the West Needleworkers Guild & Guild Leader,
      Arachne's Web
      Website: http://www.bayrose.org/wkneedle/ http://www.bayrose.org/arachne/arachne_index.html

      "So simple, so beautiful, so easy - ask me how."