Infosys Conversation

  • Venkat Iyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007
      Hello.

      I found this Infosys conversation funny. Thought you might enjoy it too.

      Read it when you have time and read it from bottom of the email conversation.

      This is a sample from the Infosys Bangalore Bulletin Board.... its one hell
      of a discussion......

      ====================================================================================================================
      From: Anirban Mookherjee
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 4:59 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?
      Subject: RE: Can we have better coffee vending machines?

      Yes certainly they should have, as infy is a global company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Perhaps after tasing the coffee and tea here the client might want to
      outsource their coffee and tea facility to Infy

      From: Kartik Krishnamurthy
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 4:53 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?
      wil our dear cows /buffaloos........................................etc hav
      onsite oppurtunities as they wud surely want to know this in the
      interview...............

      From: Archana Amperayani
      Posted At: Fri 1/20/2006 4:44 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?
      Subject: Can we have better coffee vending machines?
      Ba-Ba Moo-Moo - ROTFL

      What will the grazing grounds signboards say in that case? "Milking in
      progress, No mooing please?"
      And will the cattle stock be taught to read these :-|

      Thanks and Regards,
      Archana.

      From: Shatadip Som
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 4:40 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?

      Yes we need to have very strict selection criteria so that only quality
      cows/buffaloes/camels/goats/sheep/llama/elk/elephants etc. are recruited for
      milking.

      1) Should have consistently high 'milkademic' performance. Should have given
      more than or equal to 10 litres/day in the past.
      2) Should have high 'dungamatic' quotient. Should not have passed dung on
      the premises more than 3.4 times per 1000 days.
      3) Should be good team players and not kick the milkman while milking.
      4) Should meet deadlines and allow milking at late-hours and night-shifts
      too for the foreign clients.
      5) Should have no communication skills else can disturb the employees by
      ba-ba/moo-moo etc.

      From: Ankur Sharma
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 4:14 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?

      Ya...and that will make devegowda happy too :-)

      Ankur..

      From: Chandan Chatterjee
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 4:12 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?

      Can the milking of the cows, buffaloes and goats be outsourced since it's
      not a core competency that Infy enjoys ?

      From: Anirban Mookherjee
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 4:11 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?

      Yes thats true.

      As cars or two wheelers are no more allowed inside the campus and the golf
      carts are only for the clients the ones who do not know cycling can use
      kangaroos for quick transportations from one place to another withing the
      campus.

      From: Santhosh S Damle
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 4:03 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?
      Yes, 'Photo ID Card' is necessary!
      Or we would need dogs if the animals look too similar for security guys to
      identify.
      Baggage check is not in question right now, but may be some day, if we have
      plans to allow Kangaroos for some reason. :-)

      SSD

      From: Anirban Mookherjee
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 3:53 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?

      Will the goats, buffaloes, cows and other animals have to follow the dress
      code????????? And will they have permanent ID card???????/ After all
      security was questioned by one of us!

      I think having ID cards will help ensure better security. + the dress code
      will make them look more professional

      From: S Sriram
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 3:43 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?
      Guys ............. It was started with cow. Then people added buffalos and
      goats to the list. Check if anything else is missed out ( if its milk is
      useful or it is useful in someother way) before sending the suggestion to
      the concerned dept / authority.

      From: Anirban Mookherjee
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 3:26 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?

      No need to buy the vending macines as CCD will provide them on loan I guess.
      Now coming to the goats/cows/buffaloes we have to purchase them, now the
      question is how many???? Should all building have one of each or should one
      building have only one animal?/? That is the point we have to decide on.

      As far as the plantation goes I think the golf course is used no more, so we
      can have a tea and coffee plantation over there. After all its about tea or
      coffee so we need the main ingredient fresh!!!!! isnt it????????

      From: Nitin Chaganlal Jain
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 3:14 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?
      Now we have to decide whether should buy Vending machines or milk giving
      animals like Cow/buffalo/Goat?

      Regards,
      Nitin Jain C.
      ES-Oracle Practice,Blr.
      Extn #: 60749, Mobile #: 9845195968

      From: Amarpal Singh Sanghera
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 3:12 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?

      What if some buffalo turns out to be a LeT operative ?

      From: Archana Amperayani
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 3:09 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?

      No!
      If you want I can sign a petition online beseeching the authorities to allow
      cows, buffaloes and good coffee vending machines in Infy....
      That's the MAX I am willing to do :-)

      Thanks and Regards,
      Archana.

      From: Anirban Mookherjee
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 2:55 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?

      I think Archana is the one who might arrange for the goats!!!!!!! (No
      offences meant) :-)

      Can anyone make the arrangements for the cow and buffaloes please?

      Also the tea and coffee plantations!!!!!!!!1

      ;-)

      From: Sunil Kamat
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 2:50 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?

      Who is Archana? Is it a goats name??

      Regards,
      Sunil Kamat
      Software Engineer | Infosys Technologies Ltd. | Bangalore
      Extn: 63245 | Mobile: 91 99451 29390 | Direct: 91 80 515 63245

      From: Rajesh Rawat
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 2:39 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?

      Can we have explanations?

      Rajesh Rawat
      Infosys Technologies Ltd,
      Bangalore
      EMEA, UK Retails & CPG

      From: Joyjit Guha
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 2:37 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?

      I did not get this :-(
      Goats and then Archana are you listening?

      From: Anup Narayan Talegaonkar
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 2:23 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?

      Why don't we have goats too......?.

      Archana are you listening?

      From: Amarpal Singh Sanghera
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 2:14 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?

      Can we also have buffaloes please ??? :-)

      From: S Sriram
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 2:11 PM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?

      I agree with you that milk powder is no substitute for actual milk.
      Similarly old milk is no substitute for fresh milk.

      So how about having a cow and a decoction maker in each building, so that we
      can get a nice flavoured coffee.

      From: Madhu Raghavendra Sagar
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 11:57 AM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?

      Yes please...both tea and coffee taste really horrible...the milk powder is
      no substitute for actual milk.. what with all kinds of bugs coming out of
      the machine too!

      It would be really nice to have something like what is suggested below.

      From: Nitin Chaganlal Jain
      Posted At: Friday, January 20, 2006 11:45 AM
      Posted To: KEC General
      Conversation: Can we have better coffee vending machines?

      Hi,

      Can we have better coffee vending machines in Bglr DC like other DC's? I
      remember we had got this Horlicks/Bornvita Vending machines in Hyd-DC (one
      per building) which lot of people out there has appreciated. Can we hope of
      getting similar ones in Bglr DC.

      Regards,
      Nitin Jain C.
      ES-Oracle Practice,Blr.
      Extn #: 60749, Mobile #: 9845195968

      Life is like an outer join, you never know what row to expect...