looking for Oklahoma Whites

  • rwwinders
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 13, 2008
      My grandFather was Dale Edwin White from Oklahoma. He had 6 brother's
      and sisters:
      Cecil
      Howard
      Don
      George
      Alene?sp
      Jesse

      I can't remember the parents names. I am working on my family tree so
      any information would be great!

      Thanks
      Sherri
    • Rsbromley@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 14, 2008
        My White's came orginally from England via MD in 1676 and the migrated into western Virginia, now West Virginia, after the Revolutionary War. Many of them stayed in West Virginia. Rebecca Snyder Bromley

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 15, 2008
          It's usually nice to give some names, as there are a lot of White's that came from England and ended up in the south. Please remember, ANY information you receive must be verified, verified, verified to be authentic. Use all information as "clues," then verify. Also, it's a good idea, if you are looking for White's that ended up in W.V., to change the "Subject" on the e-mail that says "Oklahoma Whites."
          marykell

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 16, 2008
            My clan came from Ireland via England and the first known immagrant was William White who settled in Virginia. He had two twin sons named Joseph E. White and George Washington White who were born in 1803 in Wythe County, Virgiinia, they migrated to Alabama prior to 1850 and finally settled in Mississippi. Is this famalier at all. Just let me know if you see any connections.  My great great grandfather was George Washington White, who had a son named Joseph M. White and he had a son named George Washington White (my 1st grandfather).  This G.W White was born in 1867 in Baldwyn, Lee County, Mississippi.

            Joe White

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 16, 2008
              Sherri, this is probably not a connection, but my family came from Ireland prior to being sent over there from England back in the 1500's.  They moved then to America and settled in Virginia. my first known relative was William White.

              They migrated westward and settled in Mississippi prior to 1850 and then on the Arkansas and Oklahoma. Some of the family went to Texas.  There were two twin brothers that were  sons of William W. White, they were Joseph E. White and George W. White, born in1803 in Virginia.

              Hope this helps some.

              Joe

              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 24, 2008
                No, I don't think there is a connection. Happy hunting. Rebecca Bromley

                Rsbromley@aol. com wrote:
                My White's came orginally from England via MD in 1676 and the migrated into western Virginia, now West Virginia, after the Revolutionary War. Many of them stayed in West Virginia. Rebecca Snyder Bromley

                My grandFather was Dale Edwin White from Oklahoma. He had 6 brother's
                and sisters:
                Cecil
                Howard
                Don
                George
                Alene?sp
                Jesse

                I can't remember the parents names. I am working on my family tree so
                any information would be great!

                Thanks
                Sherri

              • virginia blackburn
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 24, 2008
                  Are any of your White's from Desoto County, Ms? My clan came from Ireland also and came to Va then to Ms and Tx etc. Jenny

                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 25, 2008
                    I'm not aware of anyone fro Desoto County, Our group came from Lee County, Mississippi and also lived in Itawamba county.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 25, 2008
                      Mary

                      My whites are from Oklahoma and I gave all the names I have. This is my grandfather and his brothers and sisters, all born and raised in oklahoma.

                      His mother's maiden name I believe was Jink.

                      Thanks

                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 25, 2008
                        Only know of my grandfather and his siblings who were all from Oklahoma.

                      • amydiller@comcast.net
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 2, 2008
                          My Whites also came from Ireland- I believe County Galway, and settled in and around Duck Hill, MS, Chickasaw County, MS, and Webster County, MS but not from DeSoto County. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

                          Amy
                          From: Joe White <joewi@...>
                          > I'm not aware of anyone fro Desoto County, Our group came from Lee County,
                          > Mississippi and also lived in Itawamba county.
                          >

                          > virginia blackburn <jenny_blackburn32@...> wrote:
                          > Are any of your White's from Desoto County, Ms? My clan came
                          > from Ireland also and came to Va then to Ms and Tx etc. Jenny

                        • BJW
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 4, 2008
                            I have WHITE's that were in AR, Baxter Co, then moved to OK...do you have any originally from AR?

                            Thanks,
                            Barbara

                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 21, 2008
                              Possibly. I am not sure beyond my grandpa and his siblings where the other Whites were from.