LAAW Bulletin - December 11, 2009@

  • Eric Garduno
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2009

      LAAW Bulletin - December 11, 2009@

      1. Good Luck with Finals
      2. Transitioning to www.laaw.info
      3. LAAW Board Endorsement of Professor Bronin
      4. Job Announcements
      @

      1. Good Luck with Finals

      LAAW wants to wish the best of luck to all current WCL students in the midst of finals. We know itfs a trying time - we have been there ourselves - but we are confident you will do very well.

      2. Transitioning to www.laaw.info

      Last month we told you about the new LAAW website and invited beta testers to use the site to help work out any bugs. Thank to those people who did, and we again invite everyone receiving this email to visit the website, www.laaw.info, and register on it. The registration page may be accessed directly at http://www.laaw.info/registration. Registration will only take a moment, and registration is free. We are planning to move all LAAW communications and services through the new site in the new year and encourage everyone to register soon so that you will be ready for the transition.

      3. LAAW Board Endorsement of Professor Bronin

      LAAW Board members recently interviewed Professor Sara Bronin, the Latina candidate seeking a tenure-track position at WCL. We spoke with her for about an hour concerning her background, qualifications, and vision as a professor and attorney. We believe her credentials and involvement in the Latino community would make her an asset to the law school community in general, and to the Latino community in particular. As such, the LAAW Board has voted to endorse Professor Bronin and has sent Dean Grossman and the Review Committee a letter expressing our support for Professor Bronin. To read more about Professor Bronin or to view a copy of the letter, please visit http://www.laaw.info/endorsement (registration on the LAAW website is required).

      4. Job Announcements

      Below is a list of just some of the jobs recently posted on the LAAW website. To access details on these jobs, all you have to do is register on the LAAW website. To register, go to http://www.laaw.info/registration. And remember, registration is free.

      Associate Director - AERA, 1 post(s), Eric Garduno (administrator), 10 December 2009 10:16:38;

      Policy Counsel - The Constitution Project, 1 post(s), Eric Garduno (administrator), 10 December 2009 10:15:28;

      WCF Fellowship, 1 post(s), Eric Garduno (administrator), 10 December 2009 10:14:45;

      Center for American Progress, Policy and Advocacy Manager for Campus Progress, 1 post(s), Eric Garduno (administrator), 9 December 2009 09:55:41;

      Progressive research firm is seeking paid interns for the Spring, 1 post(s), Eric Garduno (administrator), 9 December 2009 09:54:35;

      Farmworker Justice seeks attorney, 1 post(s), Eric Garduno (administrator), 9 December 2009 09:53:06;

      Leg Asst for Cong. Dave Loebsack, 1 post(s), Eric Garduno (administrator), 9 December 2009 09:49:56;

      Senior VP, Health Affairs - Ogilvy Public Relations, 1 post(s), Eric Garduno (administrator), 8 December 2009 16:28:57;

      Associate Campaign Manager - DDC Advocacy, 1 post(s), Eric Garduno (administrator), 8 December 2009 16:28:21;

      Assistant Director - American Veterinary Medical Asso., 1 post(s), Eric Garduno (administrator), 8 December 2009 16:27:30;

      Associate Director - American Immigration Lawyers Asso., 1 post(s), Eric Garduno (administrator), 8 December 2009 16:26:29;

      Immigration Policy Analyst - Bread for the World, 1 post(s), Eric Garduno (administrator), 8 December 2009 16:24:26;

      FIU seeking Director of Federal Relations, 1 post(s), Eric Garduno (administrator), 8 December 2009 16:21:57;

      Two Jobs at the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute, 1 post(s), Eric Garduno (administrator), 8 December 2009 16:20:51;