New member... New to the area

  • stevhouse
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 26, 2006
      Hey everybody. I'm new to the area and was hoping to get some input
      on good high bike shops. I have left my beloved shop in Manhattan and
      was just looking for some input. Also wanted to say hello and thanks
      for all the good local ride postings. Great message board. Glad to be
      a member.
    • brucekwells
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 26, 2006
        --- In WCCChat@yahoogroups.com, "stevhouse" <stevhouse@...> wrote:
        > Hey everybody. I'm new to the area and was hoping to get some input
        > on good high bike shops.
        Steve,

        Depends on where you live. One of the best shops around is Bicycle
        World in Mt Kisco. I use them, but since they are 1/2 hour away from
        me, I tend to only buy bikes from them, and get the smaller stuff else
        where.

        The owner Eric is very knowledgeable and is great in bike fit.

        Let people know where you live and you will get some better local
        recommendations.

        Bruce
      • stevhouse
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 26, 2006
          Hey thanks Bruce. I live in Larchmont but driving 1/2 hour isn't a
          big deal.

          thanks

          --- In WCCChat@yahoogroups.com, "brucekwells" <bkwells@...> wrote:

          > --- In WCCChat@yahoogroups.com, "stevhouse" <stevhouse@> wrote:
          > > Hey everybody. I'm new to the area and was hoping to get some
          input
          > > on good high bike shops.
          > Steve,
          >
          > Depends on where you live. One of the best shops around is Bicycle
          > World in Mt Kisco. I use them, but since they are 1/2 hour away
          from
          > me, I tend to only buy bikes from them, and get the smaller stuff
          else
          > where.
          >
          > The owner Eric is very knowledgeable and is great in bike fit.
          >
          > Let people know where you live and you will get some better local
          > recommendations.
          >
          > Bruce

        • David McKay Wilson
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 26, 2006
            Steve,
            I've had very good service at bicycle world as well.
            = Dave =
            _

          • bike2me@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 26, 2006
              Steve, I live in the Bronx and use the southern Westchester shops.  If you live in Larchmont try Danny's Cycles on Central Avenue, I have recently switched to them from Pelham Bike Shop because I meet Steve, one of the owner's, on a charity ride we did for our friend Lorraine who's a quadriplegic.  He was so helpful and kind I have decided to give them a shot and can't say I have been disappointed yet with their service and can do attitude, plus great selection of clothes and accessories.

              My previous shop, Pelham, recently lost it's Manager/head mechanic and the service has really gone downhill with the new people working there.  I had been very loyal for a long time but my frustration has just mounted recently.

              Just some inside info...of course we list the local shops on the website/newsletter and as a member you can get a discount at some of these shops as well.

              Good Luck!

              Rachel
            • stevhouse
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 26, 2006
                Thanks to all who responded so quickly. Look forward to more
                care of my kid... After all they're both custom made. lol Awesome
                help. Awesome.

                Steve

                --- In WCCChat@yahoogroups.com, bike2me@... wrote:

                > Steve, I live in the Bronx and use the southern Westchester
                shops. If you
                > live in Larchmont try Danny's Cycles on Central Avenue, I have
                recently
                > switched to them from Pelham Bike Shop because I meet Steve, one
                of the owner's, on
                > a charity ride we did for our friend Lorraine who's a
                quadriplegic. He was
                > so helpful and kind I have decided to give them a shot and can't
                say I have
                > been disappointed yet with their service and can do attitude, plus
                great
                > selection of clothes and accessories.
                >
                > My previous shop, Pelham, recently lost it's Manager/head mechanic
                and the
                > service has really gone downhill with the new people working
                there. I had
                > been very loyal for a long time but my frustration has just
                mounted recently.

                > Just some inside info...of course we list the local shops on the
                > website/newsletter and as a member you can get a discount at some
                of these shops as well.

                > Good Luck!
                >
                > Rachel

              • andrew
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 27, 2006
                  Hello Steve:
                  Andrew from Metro Bicycles here...

                  All excellent service shops in Westchester, but....

                  We have a store in New Rochelle and am certain you will spend less gas and
                  time will leave with a smile if you visit.

                  andrew

                  ps...we have six locations in Manhattan and are currently scheduled to open
                  the largest bicycles store in the City this winter!

                  Thanks to all who responded so quickly. Look forward to more
                  care of my kid... After all they're both custom made. lol Awesome
                  help. Awesome.

                  Steve

                  --- In WCCChat@yahoogroups.com, bike2me@... wrote:

                  > Steve, I live in the Bronx and use the southern Westchester
                  shops. If you
                  > live in Larchmont try Danny's Cycles on Central Avenue, I have
                  recently
                  > switched to them from Pelham Bike Shop because I meet Steve, one
                  of the owner's, on
                  > a charity ride we did for our friend Lorraine who's a
                  quadriplegic. He was
                  > so helpful and kind I have decided to give them a shot and can't
                  say I have
                  > been disappointed yet with their service and can do attitude, plus
                  great
                  > selection of clothes and accessories.
                  >
                  > My previous shop, Pelham, recently lost it's Manager/head mechanic
                  and the
                  > service has really gone downhill with the new people working
                  there. I had
                  > been very loyal for a long time but my frustration has just
                  mounted recently.

                  > Just some inside info...of course we list the local shops on the
                  > website/newsletter and as a member you can get a discount at some
                  of these shops as well.

                  > Good Luck!
                  >
                  > Rachel

                  Yahoo! Groups Links