Re: [WCCChat] Re: March meeting

  • mas422422@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 21, 2009
      I'd like to try help close this discussion thread with a note on some past WCC Program logistics info - There are, of course a number of ways to handle the cost & payment logistics for the WCC monthly
      Program Meetings - The way to handle this is chosen by WCC Program Director & the WCC Board members, whom all will no doubt, take WCC member feedback into account - Just fyi & not necessarily the only way to go on this: when Pat Grable & I coordinated the WCC Program meeting effort a few years ago, here's how we chose to handle payment & cost issues:

      - We tried to keep things as simple and efficient, as we thought possible, for the Program attendees, the Restaurant Management and for the Restaurant Servers

      - Prior to announcing the Program Meeting location, we negotiated a set price with the
      Restaurant Management; this price was for a guarantee minimum number of attendees, and included the cost of pre-selected food choices (including appetizer, entree, coffee & dessert), non-alcoholic drinks, tax and tip -

      - Any & all alcoholic drinks were paid for, by the meeting attendee, directly to the Bartender or Server; either by running a tab or by the drink

      - Set pricing for everything, except alcoholic drinks, made things very simple & provided set expectations, in that all involved (Program attendees, the Restaurant Management and Restaurant Servers) know what cost, revenue and tips, to expect in advance (for the RM's & RS's, they also know that they might possibly receive more revenue & tips as well, depending on the number of attendees over the minimum) - Set pricing provided a minimum amount of cash collecting and tracking; the basic Program attendee fee was collected, in cash (some Directors take & took checks - we chose not too & let people know that prior to the meeting), at the door when Program attendees entered the Restaurant or Facility - I use the word Facility here specifically, as we did hold one of our meetings at the Irvington Fire Station house & made a donation to the
      Irvington Fire Department for the use of their meeting & kitchen rooms .... an option to consider now, given that this setting results in a lower cost to meeting attendees & provides some, much needed monetary support to a valued community service threaten/hit, like all of us, with economic pressures -

      Again, there are numerous ways to handle the meeting cost & payment logistics - I think that past methods don't necessarily dictate future processes, though they do provide some ideas/lessons learned for consideration -

      I'm looking forward to the WCC 2009 monthly Program Meetings, however their pricing & payment is handled,  Michele Saferstein

      a message dated 2/21/2009 8:34:11 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, norman@... writes:

      When we used to have the meeting the price was for everything including the tip for the meal. I thought with large parties most restaurants usually include the tip? Am I missing something? Is everyone to just order off the menu?