Re: [WASCAL] The many ways House Templestone has assisted the ailing court!

  • Andrew Leitch
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
      [That's the "Headless Household" for those who don't get it....]

      A.

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
        On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 4:30 AM, Peter Fryer <pfryer@...> wrote:
        > “Alas I feel I have been cheated of something for the only spoils of war I ever had were bruises, broken straps and torn tabards”

        Sir Peter, loathe as I am to appear to instruct one so much more
        acquainted with the ways of war than I, I fear you may have left an
        item off of your list.

        "and grin plastered across my face from ear to ear".

        Regards,

        Columb
        --
        "Try to become not a man of success, but try rather to become a man of
        value." - Albert Einstein
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
          Dear Andre,
          It is true, I do not know of any stash of bent swords and severed heads anyone in our household has been keeping hidden anywhere, or at least I certainly hope not.

          But as for banners won in war I do know of one that hangs proudly in one of our Templestone club rooms of two knights on horseback that you may be familiar with! It was won in combat with... The Hospitaliers!

          It is much to nice to tear.

          Tao Aelfhere

          --- In WASCAL@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Leitch <utamaro010@...> wrote:

          > Charity?
          >
          > Imagines torn banners given to the Salvation Army Store....
          >
          > Bent swords sold at Cash Converters...
          >
          > But.... *severed heads* ...???
          >
          > I hope they didn't wind up at the Soup Kitchen for the Homeless... ;)
          >
          > - A.
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Andrew Leitch
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
            Ah yes... many a long year have the inhabitants of Aneala quaked in fear under the threat of roaming bands of marauding Hospitallers in the Forest Perilous.

            It had gotten to the point when even common purveyors of shrubbery might fear for their safety.

            Glad to see that at least once "menace" has been removed from the forest. From their castle Anfortus. Which once guarded said forest.

            Hey....

            A.

            It is true, I do not know of any stash of bent swords and severed heads anyone in our household has been keeping hidden anywhere, or at least I certainly hope not.

            But as for banners won in war I do know of one that hangs proudly in one of our Templestone club rooms of two knights on horseback that you may be familiar with! It was won in combat with... The Hospitaliers!

            It is much to nice to tear.

            Tao Aelfhere

            --- In WASCAL@yahoogroups. com, Andrew Leitch <utamaro010@ ...> wrote:

            > Charity?
            >
            > Imagines torn banners given to the Salvation Army Store....
            >
            > Bent swords sold at Cash Converters.. .
            >
            > But.... *severed heads* ...???
            >
            > I hope they didn't wind up at the Soup Kitchen for the Homeless... ;)
            >
            > - A.
            >

            > ____________ _________ _________ __

          • Peter Fryer

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
                Well usually I go into such affairs with the grin and keep it for most of
                the duration saving only the times where I gain bruises so I figured it was
                a symptom rather than a spoil :)

                Regards
                Peter

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010

                  The phrase “common purveyors of shrubbery”  just sound wrong - even allowing for it humorous source it is soooo wrong J

                  Sir Andre as is customary would the Hospitallers be offering to take over the guarding of said forest and acquiring various crenellated real estate should the Templars find their words stronger than their deeds?

                  Sir Peter