Ice Cream - Recipe wanted

  • pagalag
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2009
      Joanne or Darlene,

      One of you brought ice cream to the first WAPF-Rockingham meeting and
      it was smooth, creamy, and wonderful. I really enjoyed the little
      bits of butter that had formed in it.

      How did you make it? May I post your answer to the DiscussingNT group
      on yahoo and give you credit? People are having lots of trouble
      getting a nice creamy texture and I knew you knew how.

      -Judy
    • pagalag
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2009
        Sorry, I meant Joan or Darlene,

        > Joanne or Darlene,
      • joanhulvey
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2009
          Glad you liked it Judy. I put the recipe in our files/recipes section,
          but here it is:

          Served at our first WAPF meeting, Dec 4 2008
          raw cream from Darlene Spitler
          made into ice cream by Joan Hulvey

          6 egg yolks
          1 quart raw cream
          1/2 cup raw honey (I used Really Raw brand)
          (optional) to taste: salt, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon,
          1/4 stick melted butter (or more)!

          Beat yolks and honey together till well mixed.
          Slowly add remaining ingredients.
          Process in an ice cream maker (I use a 2 qt
          Cuisanart) until set (about an hour).
          Towards the end, pour in melted butter.

          I use the whites to make maple pecan praline
          "Crispy Nuts"
          These are nice served on the side or
          folded into the ice cream at the end.

          Loosely based on Thomas Jefferson's recipe:
          http://www.motherlindas.com/ice_cream_jeffersonian.htm

          Except that I do NOT heat the cream.