Re: [WAPF-Anne-Arundel-County] Our Chapter Leader

  • Holistic Dynamic
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3 9:24 AM
      Thanks for sharing this, Cara - I had seen this link somewhere, but had no idea it was Jessica Earle.

      Ginger Marcus

      On Apr 3, 2012, at 11:43 AM, Cara Bergman wrote:

      Dear WAPF members,

      I wanted to share that our WAPF Chapter Leader, Jessica Earle, recently discovered that she has brain cancer.  She suffered cluster headaches for two weeks before going to the ER where they discovered a large tumor in her right frontal lobe.  She was transferred to Johns Hopkins where they removed the tumor only to find that it was cancerous and Stage IV (glioblastoma multiforme).  Jessica is 37 and has only been married for 4 months.

      Jessica consulted Dr. Cowan who suggested she see Dr. Burzynski in Houston  http://www.burzynskiclinic.com/.  Dr. Burzynski apparantly has had success treating people with this type of cancer.  Unfortunately, the clinic is very expensive.  She has health insurance, but it does not cover the treatments she will need which could be as much as $200,000 or more.

      We have created a blog to help her tell her story and to also raise money for this very expensive treatment in hope that we can save her life. I hope that you will take a moment to check out the short video by following this link. http://healingjessica.blogspot.com/

      Jessica has been connected to WAPF for over a decade.  I remember when the two of us flew to Chicago for one of the annual conferences and in the airport as we were running late for our plane, she dropped a full glass bottle of beet kvass.  It caused such a scene!

      Please add your email to the blog or like us on Facebook to get video updates on Jessica's journey.

      Thank you,
      Cara Bergman