Re: [WAPF-Anne-Arundel-County] Water

  • Elizabeth Grange
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 25, 2010
      Thanks for sharing.   Also found a website for spring water if anyone is interested:  http://www.findaspring.com/  Closest one is  http://www.findaspring.com/henryton-spring-marriottsville-maryland/

      From: Holistic Dynamic <holisticdynamicinfo@...>
      To: WAPF-Anne-Arundel-County@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, September 24, 2010 10:50:34 PM
      Subject: Re: [WAPF-Anne-Arundel-County] Water

      My friend sells Nikken products and has told me about her water system which filters everything out, raises alkalinity, and adds back trace minerals.  I have no idea how good it is for us, but she likes it...

      Here's her info:

      Gazella Weigand
      Certified Emotion Code Practitioner
      Wellness Consultant
      410-956-1696
      gazella-roadtowellness@...

      Best of luck,
      Ginger

      On Sep 24, 2010, at 2:22 PM, Elizabeth Grange wrote:

      I'm interested in this info too.  The PH of our tap water is very acidic, and comes in even more acidic (4.5 pH)  after I use a brita filter.  Is there any water system that filters and adds minerals?  Or can anyone recommend  any purchasable high mineral/alkaline water?     Trying to get my body out of acid state and into more neutral PH, and water is one thing my holistic dr reccommends.  I just need some good water!

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 4, 2010
        Thanks for the recommendations!  I haven't made any decisions yet, but I figured I'd share the results of my research.  These are the systems or companies that sounded promising, however, I have no significant personal experience with any of them.

        Countertop filtration systems:
        Santevia - My Organic Markets have these filters at their customer service counters.  The only drawback I could see was that it didn't filter fluoride.
        Berkey Filters - These filters DO have an additional fluoride filter add-on.
        Aquarain - Again, no fluoride filtration.

        Water Delivery:
        Roaring Spring Water - They have two options, one being spring water that is filtered such that the minerals remain.

        Water Pickup:
        Culligan - Some of the My Organic Market stores have Culligan water filtration systems (info from MOM's website).  You can purchase varying sized water containers (I think 1 to 5 gallons) to fill.  You get the first gallon free, and each subsequent gallon costs $0.39.  It's a reverse osmosis system, so depending on what sort of water you want, you may need to remineralize it before drinking.

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 5, 2010
          Message
          We have Radiant Life's system.  Thoroughly cleans water and puts minerals back in.  Water tastes great!
          Carol