OT: Vaccine Schedule Change

  • wysteriaj
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2010
      Hi there! I'm new here but I wanted to share this (it's not nutrition related).

      Quick Intro:

      My name is Wysteria. I live in AACo. and have for the last 4 years. Before that I lived in VT. Through nutrition (extreme change in diet) I was able to heal myself when I knew I was sick but the doctors kept telling me my blood work was fine. Had I kept on that path eventually I would have probably been diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue, Hypoglycemia, Diabetes...(any or all). I also had chronic hives probably from a Rabies vaccine received in 2006 because I worked in a vet clinic. At this point I was 25/26 years old and sick of being sick and tired. I initially went Raw Vegan and am now coming back from that and integrating a lot of other things back into my diet. I haven't done meat (nor do I know if I ever will - but I am not against meat) but I do do fish and raw cheese. I am interested in Keefer (home fermented from raw milk) but would like to stick to goat milk for now because it doesn't bother my husband who appears to have an intolerance to cow products (and I have not found a source for such things).

      Anyway, mostly I just read here quietly but I am trying to find what works best for me. Raw was good for healing what ailed me and quickly but there was a lot of things that I felt were missing. Now I am playing with fermented foods more and just trying to find my balance. I have also been exploring a lot more in herbalism because it has always spoke to me. Once we get our kitchen all set up (we just redid it over the new year) I will attempt at creating sourdough again based on Sandor Katz's recipe. My attempt with spelt sourdough was a made it to the initial bubbling stage then went bad for some reason. I also made lactofermented sauerkraut and gingered carrots this last fall. We are expecting our first child in the beginning of March and I have a lot of interests there too (nutrition, breastfeeding, attachment parenting, among others).

      Well, that wasn't that quick.

      Here is the article that I wanted to share! http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20100104/hl_hsn/newchildhoodvaccinesschedulesreleased

      Blessings,

      Wysteria
    • Cara Bergman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2010
        Welcome Wysteria!   It sounds as if you have a lot to offer this group.  I hope you can make it to one of our meetings.  The next one is Wednesday January 20th from 10a.m - noon.  More details will come.

        Congratulations on your pregnancy.

        Cara Bergman M.Ac., L.Ac., Dipl. Ac.
        Weston A. Price Chapter Leader
        Licensed Acupuncturist - specializing in fertility
        www.StillwaterFertilityClinic.com