Scottish Festival, McPherson, KS, September 28th & 29th 2013

  • John
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 17, 2013
      As last year, we have been invited to attend the Scottish Festival with our British Minis. The main group of BCCW will be attending on the Saturday (and anyone who wants is welcome to join them) but, like last year, we can have our own day out by attending on the Sunday.
      Anyone who attends gets free admission for two adults per car. We will need to have a rendezvous and go up in convoy as access depends on entering through a specific gate (not the main one).
      See you there!
    • ksbadger2001
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 22, 2013
        The suggestion is that, like last year, we meet up at 9am Sunday at the McDonald's at 63rd North in Park City and convoy up. If you like Celtic music, as always they have some great performers this year.
      • ksbadger2001
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 24, 2013

          Slight change of plans - we'll meet one hour later at 10 am.  From our FB page:

          Like last year it would be best if we arrived as a group (plus entry is not via the main gate) so let's meet up at the McDonalds at 63rd North (just west of I-135) at 10 am and convoy up. If that's not convenient for anyone, we can also rendezvous just off I-135 in McPherson around 10.45.

          Please let us know here or on FB if you're going to join us.

          ---In wamo_ks@yahoogroups.com, <ksbadger2001@...> wrote:

          The suggestion is that, like last year, we meet up at 9am Sunday at the McDonald's at 63rd North in Park City and convoy up. If you like Celtic music, as always they have some great performers this year.
        • Barb Voran
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 26, 2013
            If I go, I will watch for the group at one of the Newton - I-35 exits and catch up with you then.

          • aislinsmommy
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 28, 2013

              Don't forget WAMOs, tomorrow is the Scottish Festival.  Unless you plan to meet up with us along the way, be sure to be at the McDonalds at 61st north and I-135 to leave at 10:00.  We need to arrive together because we are allowed access through a separate entrance (not the same as the general public) to park inside the festival and gain free admission for 2.   Also, be sure to arrive a bit early at McDonalds if you plan to grab a bite to eat first.

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 28, 2013

                So far we have 5 to 8 cars going up.  There is plenty of room on the lawn for more!