Re: Mixmaster Question for Mixer Refinishers

  • Dennis Thompson <dthomp@core.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2003
      Those pastel Sunbeam bowls have "fired-on" colors, I wonder if it
      might be possible to find a glass worker that can duplicate the
      process? It is done after the bowls are molded, and is a much lower
      temperature than molten glass. I have been thinking about that process
      myself, lately.

      One of Vidrio Products neater items are small, Deco-styled
      'Cadillac' desk clocks with a glass case and separate glass stand. I
      have them in custard/brown swirl, Nile green, and Coral pink. I have a
      couple of spares, and have wanted to make a black one for the heck of
      it. Black is one of Vidrio's rarest colors, and no clocks were made
      that color, but it should look stunning. I figure a fired-on process
      would look much nicer than just paint.

      Denny
    • brhhoff
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2003
        Someone once suggested they could be powder coated, most very city
        has some shops that do this...problem being for a "onesie twosie" it
        can be costly.

        --- In WACEM@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Thompson <dthomp@c...>"