Thanks from KC8WSE

  • Bill Fries
    Message 1 of 6 , May 12, 2006

      I just had a two meter QSO with Jean, KC8WSE and she is ever so grateful for the antenna work you provided.  She is lurking on the HF bands and loving the whole new world available.  Your efforts are all so much appreciated.

      Next step?  Get her comfortable with the rig controls.

      Bill, AB8SC

    • Bill Fries
      Message 2 of 6 , May 17, 2006

        The first club Fish Fry is coming on Saturday.  We'll enjoy our first communal dinner at 5:00 pm at the clubhouse.  Cost is less than the value in the meal and the conversation, eyeball QSOs (are those the same thing?!), and fun.

        Drop by and enjoy the event.  By the way, the only excuse for not being there is that you are in DAYTON!  So get out to 2888 Scenic Drive.

        Want to help?  Jon, AB8RD is soliciting assistance.

        Bill, AB8SC

        Pres of radio club

      • Bill Fries
        Message 3 of 6 , May 18, 2006

          The Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council requests that you and a guest visit our upcoming meeting on the occasion of a visit from a prominent ARRL Board of Directors member, Jim Weaver, K8JE.  We are encouraging ALL hams and their friends to totally PACK the clubhouse on this occasion.  We will have fun, lots of stale donuts, fresh coffee, soft drinks, fun, and lots and lots of local "talent."  That "talent" includes YOU!

          Please stop by for this MAJOR meeting and fun occasion to talk radio and hear what is happening in our hobby on a national and local level.  This will be the DON'T miss meeting of the year!  At totally radical and awesome fun time for all, I promise!  Be there and prove me wrong.

          Please take a moment and CALL someone, another ham, friend, Elmer, or whatever and invite them for the fun.  Do it today so they have lots and lots of time to work on their lame excuse for missing this GREAT meeting.

          No pressure, just GREAT fun.

          Bill, AB8SC

          Pres of radio club

        • Bill Fries
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 23, 2006
            Hey, we made the "cut" and are mentioned in the results of the Michigan
            QSO Party!

            Visit: http://www.miqp.org/MiQP_2006.htm

            I'm very sorry, but I don't remember which hams helped to make this
            happen. Awfully sorry!