Moxon Antennas

  • Jon Plyler
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2006
      After Al's (KV8X) program at the club meeting, I started "googling" Moxon.  I came up with this web site that seems to include everything we were talking about and maybe a bit more.  Anyhow, they have creations for the waves short and long.  Take a look!

      Jon AB8RD

    • Bill Fries
      Message 2 of 6 , May 9, 2006

        Saturday we are having another work bee at the clubhouse.  You are encouraged to bring along a rake or chain saw or bow saw or just yourself and your favorite bucket and sponge.  We want to clean up around the clubhouse in preparation for the busy summer months.

        Please find time to slip in and lend a hand.  We'll start around 9:00 in the morning and we plan on running out of gas around two or three.

        Bill, AB8SC

      • Bill Fries
        Message 3 of 6 , May 12, 2006

          I just had a two meter QSO with Jean, KC8WSE and she is ever so grateful for the antenna work you provided.  She is lurking on the HF bands and loving the whole new world available.  Your efforts are all so much appreciated.

          Next step?  Get her comfortable with the rig controls.

          Bill, AB8SC

        • Bill Fries
          Message 4 of 6 , May 17, 2006

            The first club Fish Fry is coming on Saturday.  We'll enjoy our first communal dinner at 5:00 pm at the clubhouse.  Cost is less than the value in the meal and the conversation, eyeball QSOs (are those the same thing?!), and fun.

            Drop by and enjoy the event.  By the way, the only excuse for not being there is that you are in DAYTON!  So get out to 2888 Scenic Drive.

            Want to help?  Jon, AB8RD is soliciting assistance.

            Bill, AB8SC

            Pres of radio club

          • Bill Fries
            Message 5 of 6 , May 18, 2006

              The Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council requests that you and a guest visit our upcoming meeting on the occasion of a visit from a prominent ARRL Board of Directors member, Jim Weaver, K8JE.  We are encouraging ALL hams and their friends to totally PACK the clubhouse on this occasion.  We will have fun, lots of stale donuts, fresh coffee, soft drinks, fun, and lots and lots of local "talent."  That "talent" includes YOU!

              Please stop by for this MAJOR meeting and fun occasion to talk radio and hear what is happening in our hobby on a national and local level.  This will be the DON'T miss meeting of the year!  At totally radical and awesome fun time for all, I promise!  Be there and prove me wrong.

              Please take a moment and CALL someone, another ham, friend, Elmer, or whatever and invite them for the fun.  Do it today so they have lots and lots of time to work on their lame excuse for missing this GREAT meeting.

              No pressure, just GREAT fun.

              Bill, AB8SC

              Pres of radio club

            • Bill Fries
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 23, 2006
                Hey, we made the "cut" and are mentioned in the results of the Michigan
                QSO Party!

                Visit: http://www.miqp.org/MiQP_2006.htm

                I'm very sorry, but I don't remember which hams helped to make this
                happen. Awfully sorry!