RE: [W8ZHO] KC8WSE Antenna

  • Bill Fries
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2006
      I will bring along fifty feet or so of RG-8U, from Radio Shack. Not the
      world's greatest stuff but I might work for a while. And I'm trying to wean
      myself from this tiny coax.

      This was feeding my G5RV and Linda just got a QSL card from South Cook
      Islands using an antenna feed with this stuff. Might work?

      I'll also have the PL-259 for each end, although only one end is so
      terminated.

      See you 1300 local there.

      Bill
    • Bill Fries
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 25, 2006

        Please visit your calender Right Now and add August 19 for the Founders'
        Picnic at the MAARC clubhouse. We will feature a pig roast, lots of old
        photographs and video, a special presentation, a Special Event station
        putting W8ZHO on the air, a raffle and 50/50 drawing, lots of fun games,
        ants, meet a charter member of the club, and have a great time.

        We'll eat around noon but the fun starts before then and runs later, too.

        Our MAARC is over seventy years old, has been affiliated with the ARRL
        for sixty-five years, has been incorporated for fifty years, and has
        Elmered tons of hams, operated tons of hours, has welcomed lots of
        neighborhood hams, and has been active and involved in amateur radio in
        our community for quite a few years.

        YOU are invited to attend, enjoy, and celebrate this accomplishment.