KC8WSE Antenna

  • jtporritt@netscape.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2006
      Mark, good suggestion, let's plan for a bunch of possibilities. To get the ball rolling I will install ropes tomorrow at 1PM. I will install so the center falls over the entry point at least 40 feet in the air. The goal will be to have the ladder line terminate overhead.
      Tom

      Message 2 of 6 , May 6, 2006
        I will bring along fifty feet or so of RG-8U, from Radio Shack. Not the
        world's greatest stuff but I might work for a while. And I'm trying to wean
        myself from this tiny coax.

        This was feeding my G5RV and Linda just got a QSL card from South Cook
        Islands using an antenna feed with this stuff. Might work?

        I'll also have the PL-259 for each end, although only one end is so
        terminated.

        See you 1300 local there.

        Bill
      • Bill Fries
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 25, 2006
          All:

          Please visit your calender Right Now and add August 19 for the Founders'
          Picnic at the MAARC clubhouse. We will feature a pig roast, lots of old
          photographs and video, a special presentation, a Special Event station
          putting W8ZHO on the air, a raffle and 50/50 drawing, lots of fun games,
          ants, meet a charter member of the club, and have a great time.

          We'll eat around noon but the fun starts before then and runs later, too.

          Our MAARC is over seventy years old, has been affiliated with the ARRL
          for sixty-five years, has been incorporated for fifty years, and has
          Elmered tons of hams, operated tons of hours, has welcomed lots of
          neighborhood hams, and has been active and involved in amateur radio in
          our community for quite a few years.

          YOU are invited to attend, enjoy, and celebrate this accomplishment.