KC8WSE Antenna

  • jtporritt@netscape.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2006
      All,
      Any plan to get an antenna up for KC8WSE? Anyone know what needs to be done? Is an antenna available? If an antenna is available and absent any other plan I will propose that we do it tomorrow. Let's git er done.
      Tom

      Netscape. Just the Net You Need.
    • Bill Fries
      Message 2 of 6 , May 6, 2006
        All:

        KC8WSE had the G5RV antenna at her home. She may also have the coax for the
        antenna. Mark, K8MHZ has offered to donate the feed line but I am not sure
        if it has been delivered. The proposal is to hang the antenna in the trees
        around Jean's home.

        The trees are quite high so a way to get the lines high into the tree would
        be great. But a high antenna means longer feed line.

        My $0.02.

        Bill
      • Bill Fries
        Message 3 of 6 , May 6, 2006
          All:

          The Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council is encouraging area amateurs to drop
          by and see our club in action. You are invited! We have a special program
          on tap for our June 1 meeting that you will just love. Jim Weaver, K8JE and
          our Great Lakes Division director for our ARRL will be the featured speaker.

          For this event we are encouraging all our members to attend and visit with
          Jim. And our members are encouraged to bring along another ham. We are
          looking forward to having the clubhouse filled to the brim with hams. Won't
          that be a sight!

          If you are struggling with the choice of who to invite then drop me or Bob,
          KC8VTX a quick phone call or e-mail. He is found at jmdupie@... He has
          an extensive list of folks who have been members of the club and are not now
          active. You can surely find a ham contact on the list to invite for this
          opportunity. Or go on the internet and search for a local ham in the call
          book. We have a wonderful association and our friends in the amateur radio
          community will love hearing about our fun loving group.

          Maybe you just want to drop by, unaccompanied, to our meeting? That is
          encouraged, also. And this meeting will be the one to make. I'm hoping
          that the weather is cooperating because we just might have to hold the
          meeting outside and give our sound system a real work out! Now that will be
          a sight!

          If you don't know what a call book is or if you need a little nudge then
          drop me a note. Hams helping hams is the name of the game. And being a
          good ham you really should not claim a case of mic fright. Let us gather
          our old friends, our new friends, other ham's friends, and we'll make some
          new friends. Radio is fun. Let's encourage radio around here in Western
          Michigan.

          See you and your friends there!

          Bill, AB8SC
          President of the MAARC
        • jtporritt@netscape.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 6, 2006
            Mark, good suggestion, let's plan for a bunch of possibilities. To get the ball rolling I will install ropes tomorrow at 1PM. I will install so the center falls over the entry point at least 40 feet in the air. The goal will be to have the ladder line terminate overhead.
            Tom

            Message 5 of 6 , May 6, 2006
              I will bring along fifty feet or so of RG-8U, from Radio Shack. Not the
              world's greatest stuff but I might work for a while. And I'm trying to wean
              myself from this tiny coax.

              This was feeding my G5RV and Linda just got a QSL card from South Cook
              Islands using an antenna feed with this stuff. Might work?

              I'll also have the PL-259 for each end, although only one end is so
              terminated.

              See you 1300 local there.

              Bill
            • Bill Fries
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 25, 2006
                All:

                Please visit your calender Right Now and add August 19 for the Founders'
                Picnic at the MAARC clubhouse. We will feature a pig roast, lots of old
                photographs and video, a special presentation, a Special Event station
                putting W8ZHO on the air, a raffle and 50/50 drawing, lots of fun games,
                ants, meet a charter member of the club, and have a great time.

                We'll eat around noon but the fun starts before then and runs later, too.

                Our MAARC is over seventy years old, has been affiliated with the ARRL
                for sixty-five years, has been incorporated for fifty years, and has
                Elmered tons of hams, operated tons of hours, has welcomed lots of
                neighborhood hams, and has been active and involved in amateur radio in
                our community for quite a few years.

                YOU are invited to attend, enjoy, and celebrate this accomplishment.