Thanks for JOTA!

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2008

      A HUGE thank you to all who helped with the Jamboree On The Air this
      weekend. We enjoyed good participation from Scouts, their parents,
      leaders, and hams. It would not have been half the success without
      your help and support.

      Also thanks to the MAARC for providing lunch together with the venue.
      A big thanks to the Venture Crew who were tremendous assistants.

      If you spoke to a kid on the radio this weekend I'm sure you made that
      kid's day. You sure made my day, too.

      Bill, AB8SC

      ps: I wanted to post this on our club reflector. Somehow I got mixed
      up and maybe you saw this over on W Mi Hams. Oops
    • ravennaelectronics
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 20, 2008
        I agree with Bill. THANK YOU!! Special thank you to all those that
        did control operator, demonstrations, provided food and were on the
        air waves to talk to scouts.

        It was a great weekend with a turn out better than I expected.
        Mother Nature threw some cold air at us in the morning and the
        scouts were hardly phased (until they crawled out of the sleeping
        bag and tents..LOL). Then on Sunday after just as Cub Scout pack
        and a Girl Scout troop showed up, the power went out. Not a
        problem! Dan, N8PPQ, made a quick call to Al KV8X, our Shack/House
        Manager, and within minutes Al was there with a battery and portalbe
        generator. The kids got to see just how quickly amateur radio
        operators can change gears, get backup power going, move from inside
        to outside, have a field antenna in tree and be back on the air.
        All in less than 20 minutes. They loved it! Okay, Dan and Al loved
        it too... Very fitting since I had the "When all else
        fails...amateur radio" banner hanging at the fork in the driveway so
        everyone could see it as the drove in.

        Once again, than you everyone!
        Rich "Doc" Strait, AC8AL