51st JAMBOREE ON THE AIR (JOTA)

  • ravennaelectronics
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2008
      Good day everyone!
      The 51st JOTA is October 18th and 19th. Yes, that is just around the
      corner AND the same day as the Holland Swap. The MAARC is once again
      opening up it's facility to all former, current and future scouts,
      and families of scouts for JOTA. The club's crew will setup Friday
      afternoon and evening. Saturday at 9am is when our first scout
      unit's are scheduled to get on the air. The last unit will be done
      at 5pm on Sunday. This is a great way to bring youth into amateur
      radio and provide a community service.

      Venturing Crew 9050 needs the help of you, our sponsoring
      organization. We need demonstration stations such as field stations,
      packet, satellite, etc.. We want to spark their interest and get
      them excited about amateur radio. If you can help with a demo or
      field station, please contact Bill, AB8SC.

      We also need control operators. If you can give just one hour on
      Saturday or Sunday to be a control operator, that will very much
      appreciated. Shifts start at the top of the hour and end at the top
      of the next hour. If you can help with being a control operator,
      please contact me (Doc, AC8AL).

      We also need you to stop in and socialize!! This is a great
      opportunity to help draw in new members.

      Thank you
      Rich "Doc" Strait, AC8AL
      MAARC Venturing Crew 9050 Committee Chair
      AC8AL at ARRL.NET
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 17, 2008
        A reminder:

        This weekend is the Scout's annual Jamboree On The Air and we're going
        to have fun! You are invited to participate, help, enjoy, and work
        the event. There will be Scouts on the air from around the States and
        the globe. (I'm hoping to have a QSO with Scouts in Egypt) We have a
        sked with K8BP and K1ESE. There will be demonstration shacks. I'm
        hoping we can get my PA on the air. Free hot dogs and chips for lunch.

        Drop in and see for yourself.

        Bill, AB8SC

        --- In W8ZHO@yahoogroups.com, "ravennaelectronics"