RE: [W8ZHO] MAARC Benefits

  • Clarke Cooper
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 30, 2006
      Hello Tom: I would like to add.

      Providing Quality Monthly worthwhile type Seminars or Workshops at the
      Clubhouse that would cover all aspects of our wonderful hobby. Notify other
      clubs in Western Michigan of our activities. In my opinion if the seminar
      is not very well planned this has the opposite effect " In Keeping People
      Away".

      Develop Mentors That Have The Time to help others with any Questions or
      Technical Problems they might have.

      73 Clarke - K8BP

    • Jon Plyler
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 30, 2006
        8... whatever number we might be up to when you read this
        * Wealth of resources in our club membership.  Information on: antique radios, QRP, satellite/digital operations, kit/scratch building, antennas, club/ham radio history...  It never ceases to amaze me the variety of information we have available at any given ham get-together.  So many are very open to assisting and teaching when asked.

        * Organized assistance for community service: MCARES, SAR, MARS.

        * Assistance in training/upgrading: always at least a few people to get together with as a study group, or to draw on for learning assistance.

        Just some off the top of my head,
        Jon AB8RD

      • jtporritt@netscape.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 30, 2006
          I've had some great input. Nice list Jon. Thank you very much.

[...]

          Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Ham radio

          Netscape. Just the Net You Need.