W8M SUNDAY EVENING UDATE

  • ravennaelectronics
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20, 2008
      Good evening everyone.
      I spoke with W8M a few times today. Very hard copy on them for me
      unless they were on 75M (3900Mhz). I heard many people though
      talking to them on 20M (14.247Mhz)and giving them great singal
      reports of 57 to 59+. I wonder if their G5RV is running north and
      south and we are off the end?

      They had a successful day of contacts today. They did bounce around
      alot. Bill helped get Dan and Chuck more stable with staying in one
      place for a while.

      They are off the air for the rest of the night due to storms in the
      area and needing to recharge the deep cycle marine battery.
      Thunderstorms were nearly to them when I last chatted with them
      around 9:30pm. Looking at the Gaylord NWS radar and it shows the
      island is currently getting some rain and possible a rumble of
      thunder and a light show in the sky.

      Bill said they will be back on the air in the morning to check into
      the Bathrobe net. After that they will be tearing down the station.
      They need to be packed up and to the ranger's station by 10am
      tomorrow morning just in case the boat leaves early.

      All in all, they said it has been FANTASTIC! Photos will be forth
      coming once the return.

      Thank you to all you wonderful club members for supporting the
      Venturing Crew!

      Rich "Doc" Strait, AC8AL
      Venturing Crew 9050 CC/CR
      MAARC Secretary
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 24, 2008

        Visit N8PPQ's web site for photographs from his XYL's camera. The W8M
        operation was well documented there. The link? Try:
        http://www.n8ppq.net/SMI/Default.aspx and hit the pictures link.

        Great stuff! Thanks, Dan!

        Bill, AB8SC
      • Linda
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 24, 2008
          Those photos are wonderful. What a great time we had! Look at the
          images and be jealous.....or help plan next year's trip and be a part
          of the fun and challenge. What super memories!

          Linda, AB8QH

        • k8bp@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 24, 2008

            Wonderful Is All I Can Say.

            In seeing all of the wonderful photos makes me envious that I did not take part in this wonderful outing.  My work ethics in trying to get my summer home back in shape for once backfired. I commend all of the crew that participated in this wonderful event and it gives me a wonderful feeling that I had the opportunity to have worked W8M a few times with Dan, Bill and others at the helm.

            Congratulations again. I am proud of you all. Well Done

            Best 73     Clarke - K8BP