OUR VENTURING CREW IS OFF TO SOUTH MANITOU TO ACTIVATE THE ISLAND

  • ravennaelectronics
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2008
      Hello everyone!
      The first two waves of Venturing Crew 9050 have departed for South
      Manitou Island. Bill and Linda left a couple of days ago in their
      boat. Dan and Michelle are due to leave anytime now. Chuck, Karen
      and the youth depart at 5:30am Saturday.

      Once they arrive on the island they will hike in all the gear, setup
      tent city, and then setup the field station.

      Special event callsign: W8M

      Frequencies:
      BAND PHONE CW
      80 Meters 3.690 / 3.940 LSB 3.570 MHz
      40 Meters 7.190 / 7.270 LSB** 7.030 MHz
      20 Meters 14.290 USB*** 14.060 MHz
      Dan is going to try to stay as close to these as possible. There
      are several contests, other special events, and various nets going
      on. I will post the exact frequency on DXscape and here and update
      it as needed.

      Hours of operation: Saturday afternoon through Sunday night.
      Possible Monday morning as well.

      While Karen and Chuck are enroute, they will be on the W8HVG Link
      system. Callsigns to reach those in the vehicles are:
      Dan and Michelle are hauling most the gear in their vehicle. Dan's
      call sign is N8PPQ.

      Karen is driving our mini-van with all the others. They are:
      Karen, KD8DHJ
      Chuck, KC8MDL
      Kayla, KD8IVJ
      Kyle, KD8HEM
      Kathy, no callsign yet

      Bill, AB8SC, and Linda, AB8QH, are on their boat and already headed
      up there.

      Please listen in for all of them on the Linked system in case they
      experiense any trouble during commute and then make contact with
      them while they are on the island.

      Thank you
      Rich "Doc" Strait, AC8AL
      Venturing Crew 9050 CC/CR

      P.S.
      I am staying home to watch the dogs. Can not afford to kennel them.
      I can be reached at home if needed and by the 82 repeater.