Museum Ships on the Air - Muskegon Adds Three Vessels to the List!

  • Linda Rosenthal
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
      Well, folks:

      We're official. The LST, Silversides, and McLane are listed on the Museum
      Ships on the Air website:
      http://users.tellurian.com/freddie/nj2bb/ship-event.html

      73 ships so far! Here's what I have for information at this point: Looks
      like we'll be operating mostly on Saturday. Unless there is interest in
      getting started on Friday and the key holders can make it happen. We'll be
      using Bob Pulsifer's callsign on the Silversides: WB8IXV. The LST-393:
      Bob Duplissis, N9AUY McLane: W8ZHO. In order to maximize the contacts for
      participants, we decided to go with three separate callsigns. Please use
      them and not your own so that there is no confusion or disappointment for
      the hams trying for the special certificate. (We'll work the logistics out
      for QSL cards later.)

      Bob, WB8IXV, & Bob, N9AUY, are going to Hudsonville, but will operate upon
      their return from the swap. If anyone wants to go with an earlier time,
      i.e., you're not planning on going to the swap, contact them for further
      information and I'm sure they will work something out with you. I plan to
      be on the McLane in the early afternoon. Again, if you want to operate
      there sooner in the day contact myself or Bob Pulsifer and we'll see what we
      can arrange.

      The event starts 0000z on the 7th (that's 8:00 p.m. on the 6th here) and
      ends 2359z on the 8th (7:59 p.m. on the 7th). It'd be great to operate
      radios throughout the event, but it would take several bodies. You get the
      picture. We'll do what we can and be glad that Muskegon put 1-2-3! vessels
      on the air for this event. We have a superb port in Muskegon Lake with
      plenty of maritime history and interesting vessels to see. I'm glad that we
      are taking part in promoting their existence through amateur radio.

      I plan on being at the club meeting on Thursday, you can catch me there if
      you like, e-mail me, etc..

      73,
      Linda, AB8QH
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2008
        This event runs from eight o'clock on Friday until eight o'clock on
        Sunday, Michigan time.

        Bill, AB8SC
      • jtlr.fischer@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2008
          Bill any idea on freq or bands  John kc8uny

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2008
            > Bill any idea on freq or bands John kc8uny

            Check this web site. They list the frequencies and the ships expected
            to participate. Also they give details on the wallpaper you can earn.
            A great start for this event.

            http://users.tellurian.com/Freddie/nj2bb/ship-event.html