Something to Drool Over

  • Jon Plyler
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2008
      I almost feel guilty passing this link along as it may promote some serious envy... but I don't think there is a ham that will not appreciate this station.  Wow!

      Jon AB8RD

    • Jon Plyler
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1 4:01 AM
        As Matthew, Samuel, and I were looking through the NE7X web site I noticed a familiar call, although I do not know of any direct relationship between this call from the late 60's and the current holder of the call AB8AZ.  A great site for those of us with an interest in MARS.

        Jon AB8RD

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1 9:25 AM
          Great site!

          Did I miss Clarke, K8BP's photograph? I can't imagine such a large
          tower project without his input and assistance. He must have been the
          smaller guy at the top of the tower. HI

          Related, I heard that fire bases in Viet Nam had callsigns like AB8QH.
          Interesting ham trivia.

          Bill, AB8SC
        • k8mhz@k8mhz.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1 9:32 AM