Re: Our Clubhouse, Our Future

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2008

      Have we taken any time to ask, "What would it cost to fix our existing
      facility?" There are lots of memories, love, and history inside the
      walls and under that roof.

      We might find that starting over is cost prohibitive. We might find
      that the new building would cost less to operate and maintain. Either
      way, have we asked the question? Can we make an informed decision? I
      don't know.

      Do we know that historic building status is desirable? Has anyone
      experienced the burden of that program?

      Could you envision our path to include an annual fund raising project,
      501(c)3 status, historic building designation, a rich uncle leaving
      their estate, an endowment fund, or dues per member three times their
      current level?

      We all share the responsibility to manage the Council's future for all
      of our good. Take a few minutes to reread the material in Flashovers
      and see if there is way you can help.