Re: Leadership Development Workshop

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2008

      You might be asking yourself, "Hey, what could I do to influence the
      direction of the radio club?" You are a significant part of the
      reason there is a radio club in Muskegon. Without hams there is no
      reason for the club. We have a fine facility, wonderfully
      accomplished leadership, and other resources to serve our ham
      community. You can take advantage of this by just showing a little
      interest and getting involved. It starts with a few hours on a
      Saturday.

      The next thing you know, the club is doing things you want to see
      accomplished. You want to have a seminar to make a two meter antenna?
      You want to learn how to model an antenna? You wonder why those DX
      types work split? Your home shack is anemic and you're looking for an
      alternative? You enjoy a juicy steak and wonderful camaraderie for
      dinner? You wonder whatever is a fox hunt?

      Without your input the folks directing the club might just take this
      group down a different path. With your assistance the group moves in
      a direction you helped choose. You don't have to do all the work.
      You do need to step up and be heard. Together we create a group and
      activities you enjoy. Together we learn and grow. Together we make a
      difference.

      Bill, AB8SC
      a past president MAARC