Re: [W8ZHO] VENTURING CREW MEETING & CREW COMMITTEE MEETING

  • Tom Porritt
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2007
      Doc,
      I would like to put this in Flashovers, but wonder about several things.
      What is VLSC? Who are committee members at this time?
      Tom

      ravennaelectronics <ravennaelectronics@...> wrote:
      December 5th, 3:30pm at the Strait's home is the next Crew Meeting.
      Crew members will be conducting crew officer elections at this
      meeting. If you have any youth, ages 14-20, that are interested in
      joining the crew, we would love for them to come out to a meeting.
      Contact Karen, Crew Advisor, with any questions. Karen's email
      address is sarjenka47 at aol.com

      December 6th, 6pm at the MAARC Clubhouse is the Crew Committee
      meeting. If you would like to be a member of the Venturing Crew
      Committee, please come out to the meeting. We are in need for
      several more adult leaders. If you have any questions, please
      contact me at kd8bgq at arrl.net. Below is the agenda for the crew
      committee meeting.

      Old Business
      1. Asscoiate Advisors Update - "Doc"
      2. Popcorn Sales Recap - Karen
      3. School Night Round-up - Karen
      4. Training
      VLSC - Karen
      Venturing Adult Leader Training - "Doc"
      Powder Horn 2008 - Karen
      6. Committee Meeting Dates/Times - "Doc"
      7. JOTA Recap- Karen

      New Business
      1. Crew Re-Charter Time
      2. Membership Inventory
      3. Centennial Quality Unit Award Status
      4. Wilderness First Aid Basic course hosted by our crew.
      Dates are April 5th & 12th.
      5. Field Day 2008 - GOTA Station ??
      6. Other New Business/Good of the Order?

      Adjourn

    • ravennaelectronics
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2007
        Good evening Tom.
        VLSC stands for Venturing Leadership Skills Course. The Venturing
        Leadership Skills Course was created to help teach young
        adults/youth the attitudes and skills that good leaders
        demonstrate. Practicing and mastering these skills will help enable
        Venturers to have positive leadership experiences. VLSC is a series
        of leadership modules divided into four catergories: Vision,
        Communication, Organization and Synergism. Each module is
        introduced by an activity and followed by reflection (post analysis
        of what worked, what didn't, and how to make it better). This is
        the course that several of the crew's young adults/youth attended at
        Gerber Scout Camp from November 9-11.

        Committee members are Chuck Stark, Bob Duplissis, Rick and Deb
        Ronning and myself. We need more committee members too. Part of
        the crew's rechartering process is the Membership Inventory. This
        is where we make phone calls and/or personal visits to every crew
        member and crew committee members to see if they are going to re-
        register in the crew for another year. If they are not, then we
        want to know how come. The adults will decide on what adult leader
        position they wish to fill for the upcoming year. Right now there
        are several MANDATORY adult leader positions that must be filled or
        the crew will not be able to recharter. So, if there are any adults
        in the club that wish to become more active with the youth then this
        is a great way to do it. I encourage them to come to the Crew
        Committee meeting.

        Best Regards,
        Rich "Doc" Strait, KD8BGQ