Winter Field Day '08!

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 20, 2007
      All:

      Winter Field Day is coming in January. Get ready! We will enjoy the
      weather at the W8ZHO clubhouse. And the food. Look for a special
      fund raising meal. And the radio, too!

      Details? Coming.

      See the web site: http://www.spar-hams.org/contests/winterfd/index.php

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 15, 2008
        All:

        We will be enjoying the Winter Field Day event this year at the W8ZHO
        clubhouse. You are invited to attend, enjoy, and assist. We will
        need operators, stations, and loggers. Come by to enjoy an informal
        contest and operating session on the HF bands. Help us make this the
        best fun of the season!

        The event starts at noon local time on January 26 and runs nonstop for
        the following twenty-four hours until noon on Sunday.

        You can operate an hour or the entire time. There will be a special
        fund raising dinner Saturday evening at five o'clock. Cost is $5.
        Stop in early or late but don't miss the dinner.

        Contest details? See:
        http://www.spar-hams.org/contests/winterfd/index.php

        We hope to see YOU there!

        Bill, AB8SC
        MAARC guy
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 25, 2008
          Winter Field Day!

          Starts Saturday at noon, runs until Sunday at noon. All times local.
          And fun!

          We'll stop in the middle for a spaghetti dinner at five o'clock.
          You're invited. I think the cost is a measly five bucks.

          Great stuff!

          Bill, AB8SC
        • k8bp@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 25, 2008
            What Frequencies so I can look and work W8ZHO from Deervalley Area of Phoenix, Arizona?
            Wish I was there to join you all at the W8ZHO Clubhouse.
            Have fun and good luck.
            Clarke - K8BP

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 25, 2008
              Hi Clarke.

                      It would be great to rag chew with you tomorrow.  How about we set up a sked  for14.235 USB at 1800 UTC Saturday.    If this is OK for you, kindly email me back and we will chisel it in concrete !!

                                                                                                                                              Al......KV8X

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 25, 2008
                Good Morning Al:
                That would be great. Just checked with Betty and 1800 UTC (11am Saturday, Arizona Time)
                I am available.  Because 14.235 is used by the Slow-scan folks that we pick another backup
                frequency such as 14.200 as a alternate frequency. You Call Me and I will hunt for your call
                around those two frequencies if that is OK with you.

                Will be looking forward to our contact and seeing how you are fairing the cool snowy weather
                in Muskegon. My goodness, got to run. Time to go golfing with my buddies.

                See you tomorrow at 1800 UTC. Have a good day.
                Clarke - K8BP