Hoffmaster Trail Run

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 15, 2007
      Greetings All.

      I'm Still looking for help on the Hoffmaster Trail Run.

      The run will be held at Hoffmaster State Park in Norton Shores this Saturday
      November 17, 2007. The race itself starts at 10AM. But, due to the distances
      and terrain we have to travel to get in position we need to be there at
      8:45AM. The event will run no later that Noon.

      I am looking for at least 12 people to help me. Once again we will be using
      a portable repeater supplied by AB8AZ.
      The repeater frequency is 147.220 with a standard PLUS offset (147.820) and
      a PL/CTCSS of 94.8. This will make it easier to setup your radios.

      Directions to Hoffmaster State Park.

      For those using the US-31 Expressway get off at the Pontaluna Rd exit. Go
      west on Pontaluna RD approximately 2 miles and when the road starts to curve
      to the right the Entrance to the park will be on the Left. If you need
      assistance talkin will be on the Muskegon 94 repeater. Once you get to the
      park turn right at the first road after you pass the permit shack. You
      should be able to get into the park without a permit or having to buy a one
      day pass.

      If you can help contact me at n8ctt@... or my cell phone 231-670-1284.

      Denny N8CTT AEC/DRO Muskegon County
      n8ctt@...
      n8ctt@...
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 11, 2008
        Sorry for the short notice. We just got the request today.

        We are looking for help for the Hoffmaster Trail Run this Saturday Nov. 15,
        2008. This will take place at Hoffmaster State Park on Pontaluna Rd. After
        what happen last year REMEBER TO EITHER HAVE A STATE PARK STICKER ON YOUR
        VEHICLE OR BUY A PERMIT AT THE PERMIT BOOTH. We will be talking to the Park
        Ranger tomorrow to see if we can work something out so we won't have to get
        a permit, but be prepared to pay if they don't agree.

        Contact either:
        Frank Towsley WA7VLH @ towsley711@... phone 231-722-8264 or,
        or myself 231-670-1284 or at email below.

        Thanks in advance.

        Denny N8CTT
        n8ctt@...
        n8ctt@...
      • Jim KC8PCJ
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 12, 2008
          Hey Denny for those that may not have a park sticker, can ride with those that do. Maybe meet at the NSFD on pontaluna and ride from there. I will not know if I can participate until tomorrow. If I do I have a park sticker and can take 3 with me. To if we can use the county MCV we could also meet and ride in it. Just a couple of ideas.

          Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:36 PM
          Subject: [MCECS] Hoffmaster Trail Run

          Frank Towsley WA7VLH @ towsley711@verizon. net phone 231-722-8264 or,

          n8ctt@comcast. net