Re: [W8ZHO] Re: Just Thinking...

  • Jon Plyler
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2007
      I think it really supports the thought that one person CAN make a difference.

      Elmer was known far and wide for putting the Silversides on the air.
      Pete has for so many years been the voice of the Bathrobe Net.
      Dawn's organ donation helped (I think) 3 different people.

      That's just off the top of my head and doesn't even touch the influence all of these folks had on our own group.  I'm grateful to ham radio and the MAARC for allowing me to meet all the folks who are associated with our group and our hobby.
      Jon AB8RD

      Linda <linda_rosenthal@...> wrote:
      Those pages were fun to look at...thanks, Jon. It's stunning to
      think that we have lost 8 people from our ham radio family in so
      short a time. It's no consolation, but we have got some excellent
      memories of them to treasure for a long time.

      Linda, AB8QH

      --- In W8ZHO@yahoogroups. com, Jon Plyler <ab8rd@...> wrote:

      > It's interesting some of the things you can come up with on the
      Internet with Google. Thinking about some of our recent SK's today,
      here's some I came up with.

      > http://www.whitwort hfamily.org/ michham.htm
      > Take a look at the license plate for 1979.
      >
      > http://www2. gvsu.edu/ ~millsd/hweek. html
      > One of Dan, N8PPQ's old web pages. A good picture of W8LZ on
      this page. Click "more" at the bottom of the page for a picture of
      WB8TNE and some of the rest of our gang. A bit grainy, but still
      interesting pictures.

      > http://forum. qrz.ru/archive/ index.php/ t-11744.html
      > Of course, K8ROH shows up over and over on the Museum Ships and
      other logs. I just thought it was interesting that it popped up on a
      Russian web listing for Museum Ships 2006.

      > http://zsp1. chojnice. pl/otpzk/ /archiwum/ doc/ms2003ship2. htm
      > K8ROH - Poland, 2003.
      >
      > http://db0fhn. efi.fh-nuernberg .de:8080/ cmd?cmd=READ+ MF+262
      > and yet again in German, 2006.
      >
      > Talking to LZ's XYL this afternoon, she said "I sure hope those
      guys are having a good time up there!" Can you imagine: Bud, Elmer,
      Larry, and Pete with nothing but time on their hands. Picking on
      the "youngsters, " Bob, Al, Bill, and Dawn, no doubt - and all
      enjoying the time together.

      > Jon AB8RD

      Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.