New Site

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2006
      Mark,
      I have received a couple of general inquires about classes again. I
      will share the names with you as soon as I have them. If we had dates
      for the classes we might be able to get them to commit to one or more.
      I Also have a specific request for another "quick burn". So, I was
      wondering how your plans are coming. As a way to help us make a plan,
      here is a "staw man" to look at. How about if you use the January -
      March time frame for your 8 to 10 week class and I will do a QB in
      April or May followed by a code class May - July and a General Class
      in August - September. I don't want to do my normal 6 week class too
      close to yours because I don't want to complete for participants but I
      think the QB class is enough different and will appeal to a different
      set of people so it won't complete. The philosphy is to offer the Tech
      Class and follow it with a code class, that then leads into a General
      class. On second thought, we could probably actually start the code
      class in April and move the General class up by 3 or 4 weeks. This
      would allow us to do another Tech class in the fall at the clubhouse,
      which I would like to do. What are your thoughts?
      Tom
    • K8MHZ
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2006
        Tom,

        I am on the same page as you are. Right now I am waiting for the times and
        dates the classroom is available. I will make that info known as soon as I
        get it.

        73,

        Mark

        > I have received a couple of general inquires about classes again. I
        > will share the names with you as soon as I have them. If we had dates
        > for the classes we might be able to get them to commit to one or more.
        > I Also have a specific request for another "quick burn". So, I was
        > wondering how your plans are coming. As a way to help us make a plan,
        > here is a "staw man" to look at. How about if you use the January -
        > March time frame for your 8 to 10 week class and I will do a QB in
        > April or May followed by a code class May - July and a General Class
        > in August - September. I don't want to do my normal 6 week class too
        > close to yours because I don't want to complete for participants but I
        > think the QB class is enough different and will appeal to a different
        > set of people so it won't complete. The philosphy is to offer the Tech
        > Class and follow it with a code class, that then leads into a General
        > class. On second thought, we could probably actually start the code
        > class in April and move the General class up by 3 or 4 weeks. This
        > would allow us to do another Tech class in the fall at the clubhouse,
        > which I would like to do. What are your thoughts?
        > Tom
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jon, AB8RD
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 10, 2006
          Mark,
          Please let me know as well so I can post the information on the
          w8zho website. I'm thinking of putting in a new page just for
          classes. I was talking to Bill AB8SC about it this morning. I'd
          like to put not only the dates, but was thinking of including other
          things:
          Class syllabus - if someone misses a night, they can at least have
          an idea of the topics covered.
          Links for supporting information.
          Files - any files you may want to make available for download;
          syllabus, Power Point presentations... anything that has to do with
          the class.

          Let me know what you think.
          Thanks!
          Jon