Future Shack & Books to sweeten our monthly club drawings?

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2007
      Hmm. Wonder if we (the club) could/should purchase ARRL books like the
      one that Al mentioned in the Future Radio Shack thread, "Emergency
      Power Radio Communications", or any of the other books that ARRL or
      others have published to provide even more incentive for our monthly
      drawings. $2-3 for a chance on some very cool books for the home
      library. That appeals to the cheapskate in me. There are dozens of
      small items that we could probably get away with dangling out there,
      too. Like those cool Tiny Trak APRS gizmos. Or some of those great
      Nickel-Metal-Hydride batteries that we learned about in January.

      Some food for thought on a sunny afternoon...
      Linda

      P.S. Harkening back to the Future Shack thread again, yes, it would be
      grrrreat to do an alternative energy (no noisy generator) Field Day. I
      know it could be done, we have plenty of brains in the club. No excuse
      not to step up to that challenge!