Fw: [WestMichiganHams] ARC & Identification

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2007

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 13:44
      Subject: [WestMichiganHams] ARC & Identification

      Hello, reference ARC background checks, good question, great answers by Denny and in DocÂ’s recent email/s.

      We attempt to keep it simple during Tulip Time, the HAM volunteers do not wear any ARC identification, be it vests, hats, backpacks, badges, or whatever, but are asked to wear something the identifies them as being a part of the HAM communications group, be it club/organization/ call sign hats, ID badges, shirt, vests, or whatever, besides the antennas attached to our bodies that show that we are not ARC First Aid responders.

      On this subject, does anyone know of a club that might have three dozen of those bright ARRL Communications vests (or something similar) that they would be willing to lend out during Tulip Time?

      We have enough events within W. MI maybe we can get the area clubs to each purchase six of them, have them all placed in a duffle bag to be passed among the various HAM event coordinators throughout the year.  Food for thoughtÂ….

      Best regards,

      Steve - N8UJD