simplex contest

    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2013
      What fun tonight. I worked from 9 different locations and made 51 contacts. Sorry Bill I tried to get you in the log but as I move north I could not find you.

      I found I can set up and tear down my mast on the back of my truck in about 1 minute. Using 5 sections fiber glass mast on my hitch mount. Gets me about 20 feet up. Was using a 1/4 wave ground plane antenna and 50 watts of power.

      Next time I need to try a yagi. Could have helped with Bill. Also need to extend my hitch mount so I can get the tailgate down and operate from the back of the truck, however in the cab the mosquitoes were not as bad.

      I think we need a fox hunt soon next.

      Thanks Tom for the contest tonight. Now to figure out my score.

      In God I Trust.