ARRL International DX Contest This Weekend

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 6:36 AM

      The ARRL's BIG DX contest is this weekend. It is the SSB version on
      HF. This is one great opportunity for hams to fill in a bunch of
      countries on that needs list. And a good chance to QSO exotic and
      run-of-the-mill DX, too.

      This event will be more informal. W8ZHO will not enter the contest.
      The club's shack will be available for individual hams to use their
      call signs and privileges to chase DX. There will also be experienced
      contesters available to help smooth the process, encourage, direct,
      and train.

      If you want to participate you should contact:

      (in no particular order)
      Al, KV8X
      Tom, W8AMZ
      Bill, AB8SC

      We will certainly be at the clubhouse on Sunday. We also welcome the
      opportunities on Saturday. You will need to ask and coordinate your
      effort with one of these folks. In this contest there are Huge
      pile-ups late on Friday and on Saturday while the DX will generally be
      less busy on Sunday.

      As an aside, you might remember we participated in Sweeps last
      November. Four hams in that event managed to QSO the 5A7A station
      from Libya. The QSL cards for those contacts arrived this past week.
      There will be similar opportunities in this contest.

      Drop us a phone call or email. We're willing to help and open the
      clubhouse with your request.

      73

      Bill, AB8SC
      MAARC guy