QRP in the Park, plus Fox Hunting...

  • K8TB
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2012
      You've seen the note from Jeff, KB8QAP about QRP in the park this
      Saturday, but wait, there's more!

      In addition to the fun starting at 3 pm, there will be a few 15
      milliwatt transmitters hidden within the park. You are more than invited
      to find them. There is no competition with this hunt, just the fun of
      finding these little boxes.

      Bring your own equipment, or there will be gear there to be loaned out
      for you to hunt within the park.

      Recapping the email from Jeff:

      Hi Everyone,

      We will be firing up the grills and putting our amateur radio skills
      into action as we kick off our first QRP IN THE PARK for 2012! If you
      ever wanted to work low power portable on CW, SSB phone, or the digital
      modes with HF, UHF, VHF bands; we invite you stop by and operate with
      us. All operators are encouraged to operated from battery for this
      event. No generators will be provided.

      Where? HELDER PARK
      3751 104th Avenue
      Holland, Michigan

      When? SATURDAY MAY 26TH - 3PM TO DUSK

      Note: This event is weather permitting and will cancel if severe
      weather is expected for the area. Please monitor this reflector and
      147.06 K8DAA
      repeater the evening of the event for any changes of times or event cancel.

      See You There!

      Jeff KB8QAP