MAARC Monthly Meeting - Peter I Island DXpedition DVD - February 1st

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2007
      Last year at this time, amateur radio enthusiasts around the world
      were eagerly anticipating the beginning of what would be THE
      Dxpedition of 2006 (and, perhaps, the decade). This was the
      activation of Peter I Island, located near the coast of Antarctica.
      In November 2006, a DVD of the 3Y0X team's intrepid foray to the
      coldest of the cold DX entities was released. Guess what? We have a
      copy! We're going to show it to you, if you attend our next Muskegon
      Area Amateur Radio Council meeting. The DVD presentation lasts for
      about an hour, following by our regular business meeting. All are
      welcome to come. It's as much a travelogue as it is a documentary of
      the complexities involved in a DXpedition of this magnitude. We'll be
      showing the DVD beginning at 7:00 p.m., February 1st, at the clubhouse
      located at 2888 Scenic Drive, Muskegon. Come and be amazed and leave
      feeling not so rotten about the snowy weather here in Michigan.

      Regards,
      Linda, AB8QH
      Vice-Presidente, MAARC