Re: HF Challenge Coming in Jan

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 9, 2012

      Are you working the HF Challenge? You are challenged to have an HF QSO with DX and bring the QSL card to the March meeting. Get crackin'!

      The card can be a traditional hard card or you can print an eQSL. We'd probably accept a LoTW QSL. How about a SSTV card? I'm not sure. . .? Don't some guys do "pictures" on RTTY? Hmmm

      Any way you slice it you need a QSL card for the "swapping lies" part of the March meeting.

      Don't try to use a Lower 48 QSO. That's not DX, even if it is Arizona or Florida!

      Let's see your card!!
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 15, 2012

        I hope you are working the HF Challenge! You are encouraged to have a DX QSO (outside the lower 48) and get a QSL card. Bring your card to the March meeting. We'll swap lies and stories.

        I just logged KH6BB, the Battleship "Big Mo" Missouri in Hawaii. On fifteen meters, CW. They were easy. Even though I put in a couple of "green stamps," it wasn't necessary. And I paid the postage with Forever stamps.

        You should have the QSO pretty soon so your card request can make the round trip.

        73

        HF Challenge RULES!

        Bill, NA8M
      • David Thill
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 15, 2012
          Just waiting on returned QSL cards here.

          Dave Thill
          KD8OCZ